The VAMOS

Here in Japan, there are a variety of "normal" cars available. Mark and I have reached total agreement on the fact that we are NOT interested in such a vehicle.

If we are going to be in a foreign country for 3 years, we are damned well going to buy some sort of absolutely ridiculous ride. When in Rome...!

I've fallen absolutely in love with this. I'm pretty sure to buy one would be a bit outside of our budget. But look at how freaking awesome it is! I've seen two of these now, in person. They are even cooler (and funnier) when you're standing next to them. It's like a mini-mini-van.

It's just as well, though, that we probably can't afford it. I was slightly disappointed to discover on their website that the Vamos only seats 4. I mean, we only need 4 seats - two of which will be filled with car seats - but my sensible side says that if we're getting a mini-van (even a mini- version) we had better be getting 3 rows of seats. Bare minimum in any vehicle we'd better be getting seating for 5. Even if we NEVER use the 5th seat.

Oh well.

Mark, honestly, has his heart set on a Scion. Which is fine with me - Scions are awesome cars. Although here there is no differentiating between a Scion, Lexus, or Toyota. All Toyota products are classified as Toyotas. You just KNOW an xB when you see it rolling down the road, though. There is no masking it's Brave-Little-Toaster style with a different emblem. And anybody who knows me at all also knows that I pine for my xA on a daily basis. Biggest mistake we ever made - trading it in for the CR-V! I would be perfectly happy with another Scion product. At this point, I'd be happy with ANY car if it gave us a little bit of independence. Having to rely on our sponsors - bless their hearts - or public transportation options to get anywhere is getting old. Monday we are supposed to take our SOFA licensing exams, and after that we're free to go car shopping.

I have a long list of things I'd like to do while we're here and the sooner I can get started the better. I'm feeling behind. Far, far behind. We move into our apartment on Tuesday, so at least SOME things will start getting settled. Yesterday we got cell phones. Very very slowly, we're piecing together some normalcy.

3 Response to "The VAMOS"

  1. Jeku says:
    September 27, 2008 at 4:10 PM

    It's a box!

  2. moliarti says:
    September 28, 2008 at 12:30 AM

    I am so glad you posted. I was looking obsessively. Glad you are all doing well. Robert misses you guys and is ready for travel experiences...Take care and keep in touch when possible. Tell Amaris and Mark we love and miss them.

    -carrie

  3. Krysta Martinez says:
    September 29, 2008 at 3:39 AM

    ROFL at your car choices. Especially the mini mini van. I'm not sure I'm much of the "when in Rome" type person, but I definitely think you should go for something different.