Let it be known...

I lasted all the way through preschool and halfway through my Kindergarten year before I quit school.  And I only quit school because I was pissed off that my grandma would DARE to take a vacation without me.  And really, I was easily coerced into resuming my "studies".  (Well, it may have taken grandma cutting her vacation short and driving straight home to Fresno from San Antonio...  Which I still somehow feel guilty for.  :(  Sorry grandma!)

Amaris won't be able to say the same at this rate.  She informed me today about a half a dozen times.  "Mommy, I don't like school."

What this translates to is "Mommy, I would rather not wake up at 7AM and let you do my hair and dress me in a nice uniform and then drop me off with the Japanese nuns."

I know it is a lie.  I know it because she pitches a fit when I'm dropping her off, but when I pick her up she is having a blast.  She enjoys it there.  Her teacher is as sweet as can be, the other students are all adorable and she plays with them well, and basically everybody already knows and enjoys her there.  She's not quite yet 3 and is already lying through her teeth.  And for what?  The possibility of sleeping in?

Clearly bedtime needs to come forward in the schedule a bit.  8:30PM is not sufficient anymore.  Or else I need to enforce the post-school nap rule.  Tonight I managed to get the (insert expletives here) "Elephant story" (still thanking Heather for buying us that DELIGHTFUL book for Valentine's Day...) read and her lights out by 8.  30 minutes doesn't seem like much, but progress is progress.  So I'll take what I can get.

Her little friend, Emma ("Nemma" if you're speaking Amarish), was going to start school tomorrow but her mom just called and let me know that she is going to postpone it till Thursday instead so she can get her finals knocked out while her husband has a day off.  So I was excited about Nemma going to school with Amaris, thinking that would surely remedy the "Mommy, I don't like school" issue, but I suppose we'll have to tough it out through one more day.

Maternal guilt is lame.

2 Response to "Let it be known..."

  1. Destiny says:
    May 13, 2009 at 7:28 AM

    Im sure she dose love school. . McKayla wants to go to school so bad. . I really want to put her in soon Im just scared that she is growing up to fast. .

  2. Tori says:
    May 13, 2009 at 10:57 AM

    Haha Poor Miss Amaris.

    She's so cute.

    She wants to stay home with her mommy and sister. Can you blame her?