Speaking Too Soon?

This morning was wonderful.  Maybe that extra 30 minutes paid off.  Amaris was up shortly after my alarm went off, on her own.  She fought me for a minute about getting dressed, but finally gave in and put her uniform on (as long as I let her button it up herself).  She allowed me to put up her hair and had seconds of cereal for breakfast.  We got everything situated and headed down to the car.  On the way to school I said, "Amaris, are you going to be a big girl today about going to school?"  She said, "I'm not going to cry, mommy."

So, elated at the idea of her NOT crying, I promised her a popsicle after school if she followed through with it.  Then I said, "Do you like school, Amaris?"  She nodded.  (Caught in a lie!)

We got to school and I walked her up the stairs to the upper grounds.  She walked right over and sat down to change her shoes, and then stood up and requested kisses and wubs.  So I have her a hug and a kiss and I left.  She was fine with it.  No tears, no screams, no troubles.  She may just have found her peace.

3 Response to "Speaking Too Soon?"

  1. Destiny says:
    May 13, 2009 at 1:35 PM

    Well thats soooo good... Im happy she is liking it now... Well good luck... Our Girls are almost 3 wow...

  2. OliveLand Photography says:
    May 13, 2009 at 3:56 PM

    Way to go Amaris!!
    You are doing a great job Kari!

  3. Tori says:
    May 14, 2009 at 3:54 AM

    Sweet!