Rain

On the way home today from our afternoon outing, it rained.  Ok, it poured.  And I really loved it.  Aside from a long overdue little break from the incessant heat, it filled me up with this cozy feeling.

It rains here all the time, regardless of the season.  But something about this rain was different.  This rain was...  fall.  I could sense it.  It was different.  And I had a really intense feeling of hope and optimism as I squinted through my wiper blades.

I think I should bake something.

1 Response to "Rain"

  1. Krysta Martinez says:
    October 5, 2009 at 1:09 PM

    It feels like fall here today too. I had to bust out my fuzzy socks and I think I had better get my winter clothes out of the garage. I love this time of year when the season starts to turn. I get all excited too. :)