Beddie-Bye

In an hour it'll be Wednesday.  I am exhausted.  Totally exhausted.  Here's hoping for a good night, though with the day we've had (nap-wise) today, my expectations are not very high.  I shouldn't complain, I knock on wood daily for the wonderful sleeper that Cadence is.

My chores around the house have become totally overwhelming.  I didn't know where to put the whites from the dryer so that I could move the towels in because all of my laundry baskets were full of clean laundry waiting to be folded and put away.  And I'll have to do more laundry tomorrow.  AND tomorrow is chicken katsu night.

I need to take some time off.  I need to devote myself to getting things back into order.  My organization has fallen all to pieces and I'm totally screwed up now and frustrated.  I stood in the hallway and fought back tears for no reason.  I haven't done that since the week and a half after Cadence was born when my emotions and hormones were on overdrive.  It's just been too much lately.  I think tomorrow I'll unplug the modem and the TV and give myself a rest so that I can be motivated to do the things that won't be doing themselves any time soon.  That'll help me to be wordless.

Sometimes the world is just too much.

This weekend we're going on a date - thank God for that, and thank God for our wonderful friends that we can wholeheartedly trust to watch the girls for us.  I've been researching date ideas for us this afternoon.  We'll come up with something.  It'll either be dinner and martinis, dinner and a movie...  or maybe an afternoon outing of some sort.  We need some "Mark and Kari time", so I'm looking forward to getting it.

I found out about a Montessori school today where the tuition is $180/month.  I am thinking of enrolling Amaris.  I say that all the time, I know...  But she really does need some structure.  So I've got to figure out something for her.


Good night.

2 Response to "Beddie-Bye"

  1. Anonymous Says:
    March 11, 2009 at 3:11 AM

    I think the montessori school is a FABULOUS idea, and well worth the investment!

    Best of luck on your date - enjoy it!

  2. Krysta Martinez says:
    March 13, 2009 at 6:45 AM

    OMG I know how overwhelmed you feel right now. I'm in the same shoes. Amen to "sometimes the world is just too much."