She needs a daddy-kiss.

So far, every time I've tucked her in since he left, Amaris asks me for a daddy kiss:  "I needa my daddy-kiss."  So we've been doubling up.  I tell her, "Amaris, honey, daddy's not home, how about another mommy-kiss?"

Clearly disappointed, she accepts the stand-in kiss and heads off to sleep.  Raising military brats is hard and emotional work.  Though I am certain that being a military brat is even harder.

...And they know it.  Last night I was having dinner at our friends' house and their six-year-old daughter said to me (very matter-of-factly), "You have two to take care of, all by yourself.  It's hard to do it alone."  Such a grown-up thought for such a little girl to have.

I feel for my girls.  We're just over two days into this separation and they've been a long couple of days.

1 Response to "She needs a daddy-kiss."

  1. Anonymous Says:
    March 22, 2009 at 12:16 PM

    Military kids grow up way too fast...