Hard Parts

My girls are both a little under the weather.  Cadence has been stuffy-nosed since the night before last, poor baby, and Amaris started working on a fever last night.  Today has been a sleepy day here at home.

Juggling the girls and their individual needs has been difficult, undeniably, but I have to admit that at this point in the day, I am feeling extremely accomplished that I've managed to do it and have still managed to get a few other things done on top of that - for example:  actual meals for Amaris and me, a load of laundry, and I scrubbed the shower down.

I feel like Wonder Woman right now.  I hate that my kids don't feel 100%, and it is making me incredibly sad, but I feel like I am overcoming it and handling it on my own as best I can and I'm proud of myself.

I'm running on less sleep than I'd like and I've got a sad heart...  But for the first time, I feel like a real live mother.  I'm doing my job.  And in this moment, I don't care if I never have a paying job again.

1 Response to "Hard Parts"

  1. Anonymous Says:
    March 29, 2009 at 4:09 AM

    I dream of having your job! You are doing great at it, too. :)