Japanese-Italian

Who'd have ever thought that I'd come to Japan and have the best ITALIAN food of my life?

This weekend has so far been full of deliciousness.  On Friday, we tried out a sushi bar I'd been itching to test and were very pleasantly surprised.  It was in the sushi-go-round style, where the little plates scoot past your table on a conveyor belt, and each plate averaged around ¥150.  California Rolls, Crab Sticks, Eel, Shrimp...  And this phenomenal tempura shrimp roll.  We got Amaris some Okinawa Soba and she was content with that and one of the shrimps.  It was well worth the ¥3,000 total.

Yesterday for Valentine's Day we double-dated, kids in tow, with our nearest and dearest friends here on island.  We went to a place called Marino's.  For ¥12,110 we fed four adults and three children with food to spare.  And not just any food, but probably the best food I've had in a REALLY long time.  Two Margherita pizzas; cheese fondue (with toasty bread cubes); Caesar salad; brothy Italian-style vegetable soup; creamy, cheesy pasta with mushrooms and pancetta (they mix the pasta at your table in a giant half-wheel of parmesan cheese); risotto jam packed with goodies like sausage, shrimp and vegetables; the very BEST, most melt-in-your-mouth lasagna I've ever tasted; and 3 mini-desserts per person, which were to die for.

We all left full and happy.  Dinner was a success!


In other news, Cadence's belly button stump fell off this morning.  And we've been researching more things to do today.  We've got a bit of cabin fever, I think, and we all want to get out of the house.

1 Response to "Japanese-Italian"

  1. Krysta Martinez says:
    February 17, 2009 at 1:25 PM

    You're making me hungry!

    I never found Keira's stump when it fell off. I fear my mom's dog ate it... or maybe it will turn up somewhere crazy.