Amarisms

During a nap, I threw away the remnants of Amaris' pizza lunch.  Upon waking, she went to the table, saw her empty plate and said, "Oh no!  My food's gone!  I'm hungry!"

I laughed and told her nobody likes old pizza.  And then I said, "What would you like instead?"
"Cucumbers!"
"Cucumbers?  Really?"
"Yee-ah!"  (She always sounds like Flava-Flave when she says "yeah".)
"Okay, I'm not going to argue."

So I cut her up a cucumber and put it on her plate.  She sat down with it excitedly.  Two bites later she says, "Mommy, I no want any more."

I said, "You can't waste it!  What if I show you a cool trick, will you try to eat some more then?"
"Yee-ah!"

I grabbed the bottle of Ranch dressing out of the fridge while she watched and then she said, "Mommy, what's that?"
"Magic," I said.
"No it's not, it's dip!"

Smart ass.

Whatever though, she's eating her cucumber now without complaint.  Every bite doused in magic.  I mean, dip.

1 Response to "Amarisms"

  1. Amanda Allison says:
    April 11, 2009 at 8:28 PM

    Lol, that reminds me of my niece Rubi. She loves ANYTHING dipped in ranch.