Elevator Loo

Somebody thinks it is funny to piss in the elevator.  So that at least once a week for a couple of days, it reeks of urine.

Add that disgusting little tidbit to the mold, the roach problem, the stench, Mark's 30-minute+ one-way commute and the awkward proximity to all of the neighbors (even the ones I'm not crazy about) and I'm pretty much ready to move out now.

Then there's the fact that we found out airline tickets really only run about $700 per head round trip to visit here.  So I'm anticipating that we'll have visitors.  Before, when I was thinking we'd be visitor-free, I figured to myself that at least nobody had to see how I was living here in this dump.  But now, if people are going to come and stay with us, I suddenly feel compelled to have a presentable and non-depressing home.

Unfortunately, moving for me isn't going to happen until Mark is back from his deployment.  And his homecoming is not going to happen till he goes away.  Not that I want him gone by any means, but if he's gotta go I've worked myself into the (eerily familiar) state of mind at this point that the sooner he leaves the sooner he can be home.  Fortunately for that emotion, his departure IS coming soon.

I'm ready to tackle my problems.  I'm ready to preoccupy, I'm ready to conquer, I'm ready to make things happen.  I'd rather he were staying behind with me, but since he's not, I'm making my plan.

And looming near the top of that plan is the big move-out.

3 Response to "Elevator Loo"

  1. Jennifer says:
    April 22, 2009 at 3:29 PM

    hmmm...only $700? Grace has never been on a plane....when do you want her?

  2. Kari says:
    April 22, 2009 at 8:33 PM

    You could totally send her to visit. I even have an extra car seat. She'd have fun and Amaris would be thrilled! :)

    But you'd never last any amount of time without her and her crazy hi-jinx and you know it. So you should just come in and come visit with her! If you visit next year, we'll have a bigger car, and then you could even bring Tammy and B-Ho.

  3. Tori says:
    April 25, 2009 at 11:51 AM

    Ewww! What is wrong with people?!