Touch and go

Off and on today I've been crying just like yesterday. It's funny, I mean, Mark JUST got back from North Carolina a couple of weeks ago. He was there for about 2 1/2 weeks. I really thought for sure that I'd handle this better than I am. But it's weird how it already feels different. It feels significantly less temporary than the trip to Camp LeJeune. I mean, certainly it's nothing permanent this time around either, but it's absolutely longer. Technically, it could potentially be like his trip to North Carolina times 16 or something.  I don't know.

I made myself a "count up" ticker. Count down tickers are bad OPSEC and I don't have a clue when he'll be home anyways. So a count-up ticker at least gives me something to do. I can celebrate my own progress.
Wow, a whole one day.  Go me.  But whatever.  Progress is progress.  Seems like just the other day I was pregnant and now I've got a nearly-three-month-old.  Time flies, I know it does.  I just need to try to have fun.  Which, when you feel this miserable, is much easier said than done.

Okay, I'm not going to lie.  I'm still a total basketcase.

2 Response to "Touch and go"

  1. Tori says:
    April 27, 2009 at 1:34 AM

    I like your idea of getting a ticker that counts up.

    I stand by my earlier statement: there should be some kind of cap on deployment. As there isn't any at the moment, I think the best thing for you to do is to focus on getting through the days one by one.

    And you're not alone. *Hugs* You have two beautiful girls as company, & I'm a Skype call/chat away!

    P.S. Where did you find those $700 tickets?!

  2. Kari says:
    April 27, 2009 at 6:46 AM

    cheaptickets.com, I believe. Thanks, Tori. I know you're right. It's just so hard to focus on days one by one when the reality of everything is looming like it is. I'm going to make it, somehow.

    *hugs*