How much would you pay..?

I saw on Noggin that the Backyardigans Live show was coming to San Antonio. So I got online and checked dates. August 2-3, a perfect weekend for us! I looked up tickets on Ticketmaster.

It turns out that for Mark, Amaris and me to go and see the Backyardigans, we'd have to shell out nearly $115! What the heck?? Tickets are $28 each, and then there is a "convenience fee" of over $9 per ticket. (Which I don't quite understand - paying $115 is hardly convenient for me.) Who pays that much to see a children's show?? I mean, seriously? And that's just for three of us. Imagine if we had two or even three children! The only way I could imagine being able to go at all would be if we somehow managed to win the tickets through a contest or a radio giveaway. Which I doubt is real likely, since I don't hear of radio stations giving away tickets to cartoonish musicals all that often. And anyways even if they did, I doubt I'd be the winner. I very seldom win anything.

For me, the thrill of seeing a life-sized Pablo dancing around on stage may be worth 1,000 words, but it's certainly not worth over $100. No way. Nick, Jr. is insane. Seriously.

We watched Premonition last night. I was disappointed. I should have rented License to Wed or something instead. But I did see a preview for Across the Universe, which I'd never heard of before, and that looked fantastic. So now I'm on a mission to find out more about that movie.

2 Response to "How much would you pay..?"

  1. Krysta Martinez says:
    July 22, 2008 at 6:06 AM

    I definitely wouldn't pay that much for tickets! I saw Premonition and didn't think it was too awful except the ending. I TRIED to watch Across the Universe and that movie got more and more doped out the farther along it went til I gave up watching it altogether. Not on my recommended list.

  2. Kari says:
    July 22, 2008 at 6:25 AM

    bummer. :( It looked so good on the preview.