Wordless Wednesday

I'm going to start observing "Wordless Wednesday". Next week. I swear.

Today I have to share this hysterical article. Otherwise I might have forgotten to do so. That would have been tragic.

I'm fairly certain that I don't enjoy the night shift schedule. Moreso I don't enjoy Mark's obsession with going to the gym. I mean, I'm all for him wanting to improve himself and such, but goodness by the time he comes home he's been gone for 12 long hours. (At best!!) And okay, before, on the day shift, he was probably gone about the same amount of time. But when he got home I was alert enough to enjoy his company. On this schedule by the time he comes home I am in zombie mode and am ready to go to bed without passing "Go" and collecting my $200. And us hanging out in the morning is just not the same. Particularly since he has discovered "Mob Wars" on Facebook - decidedly one of the most obnoxious games/time-wasters EVER.

And I don't have the motivation to cook. I should be making dinner so that we can have a meal together, even if it's not dinner. But I have no drive to do it in the afternoon. We get up in the morning between 9:30 and 10 or so, and then we eat around 11-11:30. And then he leaves by 1.

I sat here staring blankly at a grocery list earlier today. But I really don't know how to cook "lunch". We've always just improvised for lunch, and then had our big meal at dinnertime. It doesn't feel right to plan out dinners for lunch. And it feels really strange to think that I might cook dinner so soon after waking up. But I don't have the motivation to cook "dinner", either. With just Amaris and I here at home, I find myself avoiding the kitchen like the plague. Last night I heated her up a Kid Cuisine. Remember Kid Cuisine? I used to think it was Christmas when my mom caved and bought me one of those for dinner. Seriously. It was like the best thing ever. This was Amaris' first KC, and she really liked it. Particularly she enjoyed the chocolate pudding, which she refused to use her spoon for - instead she scooped it up with her finger. It was magical. But that certainly shouldn't be my plan for EVERY night. Take tonight for example. It's almost 9PM now and I haven't gotten inspired with any great ideas for dinner at all. I'm just sitting here waiting for Amaris to let me know that it's dinner time and that I'm a worthless loser for not just feeding her at a reasonable hour like a normal mother would. Instead she just keeps requesting refills on her Crystal Lite and more trail mix. We're really living healthy here, let me tell you. I am such a loser mom. In my defense, I really need groceries. But honestly, it's a vicious cycle. I think, "I need groceries." And then I look at that list again for half an hour and nothing ever occurs to me to add to it.

Today was certainly not a "Wordless Wednesday". My mistake.

1 Response to "Wordless Wednesday"

  1. Krysta Martinez says:
    July 19, 2008 at 3:35 AM

    My Wednesday wasn't wordless either :(

    Isn't it crazy how meals can get us all bent out of shape? That's an unusual "night" schedule that Mark has. At least with Art, he leaves after dinner at my bed time and he comes home roughly when I wake up in the morning. So most the time we end up with at least dinner together, even if it is hurried. You could try whipping up some crock pot sensation and plugging it when when you go to bed then it will be ready for lunch!