Natural Disasters

By the end of the weekend, every weekend, my house always ALWAYS looks like it was hit with an unyielding typhoon. Mostly the kitchen and the living room, but I've noticed this phenomenon is slowly seeping into other spaces as well - the office, the bathrooms, and the bedrooms. I don't know what exactly it is that causes this. Laziness, Amaris, Mark, heck - maybe even me. Most likely suspect is a mix of all of the above - I know that I am feeling less than energetic, Amaris is being about as destructive as she can be, and Mark has been attached to his computer and the couch all weekend attempting to learn to play his guitar and playing Mob Wars on Facebook. Whatever the cause, I'm exhausted just looking around.

Mark rented I Am Legend last night for us to watch, and we sat and watched it while Amaris took a really long nap after we came home from the lake. That was a rough movie. I mean it. I sobbed so hard and uncontrollably that I started to feel really self-conscious and uncomfortable. Mark kept looking over at me. That didn't help matters - I just felt more on the spot. I didn't realize a movie starring Will Smith could ever be so heartbreakingly sad. It was good. Very good. Not at all what I expected - don't quite know what I expected, though. But I can say fairly certainly that I never want to watch it again. Once was more than enough for me.

I have a hankering for a bierock. Seems that just because I am in Texas means that I am pretty much doomed to want every single food that I haven't found here. Miserable old Texas. I can't wait to get the heck out of here. Of course then we'll be in Okinawa where all of my faves and craves are even further out of reach. I just can't win, I tell you.

1 Response to "Natural Disasters"

  1. Krysta Martinez says:
    July 22, 2008 at 6:31 AM

    Ahhh... substandard home cleanliness. The answer is right in front of you :) Watch out for the appearance of a roach!

    I didn't cry during I am Ledgend. I don't remember anything tear worthy, but that movie scared the craps out of me! Arrrrt, the pirate, has a copy of it at home but I haven't worked up the courage to watch it again. It really is a good movie, but hard to watch more than once.