Maniac, Maniac!

Things are insanely hectic here in our little universe.

The move to Okinawa is approaching us like a bullet train and I feel like I don't have my tickets and baggage together just yet. Which, really, isn't entirely metaphorical if you think about it.

We still don't have orders. I am still lacking details. And Mark's main class here is ending next week. It's scary, really scary. We're going to arrive in Okinawa and be totally homeless. I'm petrified.

We went through the office last weekend and got rid of a lot of excess garbage, and things we are hoping to otherwise get rid of before we move. I'd like to go through the rest of the house, too, before we have a yard sale. We've got lots of things to unload.

I waited patiently for Boo's travel bag to arrive, and yesterday it got here. I opened the box and messed with it a little bit and finally decided while it's adorable, it's also the equivalent of a kitty death trap and would absolutely not work for her (or us - mainly me). So I packed it back into it's box and am going to return it. Which is fine because I found a Sherpa bag at Petsmart that will work just fine and I'm tired of trying to "up the ante" on all of these insignificant issues. Also at Petsmart I found a way cooler leash and harness than the ones we bought last week at Petco. And that greatly disappointed me, but again, I'm trying really hard to just let these trivial things go.

We got our new iPods (shut your mouth) and had a lot of fun uploading way more music than was necessary into them throughout the weekend. I've decided that I'm madly in love with mine, where before I felt they were unnecessary and silly. Not anymore. I've been converted.

Mark promised we'd go to San Antonio this weekend and I was elated. But then he came home yesterday and canceled on me. So now we're going to do it on Labor Day weekend instead. Which is fine. As long as we actually DO it. Texas Pride BBQ, Hyatt on the Riverwalk, outlet mall, Sea World, and puffy tacos... here we come!

Amaris helped me water the lawn yesterday after Mark mowed it.




Notice how green the grass is? Take that, landlady.

Also, I'm developing a belly. Here is my 14 week picture. Ignore the poor quality and absolute frumpiness. I hate mirror pictures.

Anyways, I feel like lots of things are happening all at once and I'm a tad overwhelmed to say the least.

2 Response to "Maniac, Maniac!"

  1. Minna-Kay says:
    August 13, 2008 at 11:12 AM

    Oh, the belly and the no longer baby. Ami is getting so big. Tell her I love her pink big girl panties. And I'm so glad your grass got watered.

  2. Krysta Martinez says:
    August 14, 2008 at 2:56 AM

    Looks like you will get to cross a few things of off your to-do-in-Texas list all in one shot!

    Nice lawn too btw!

    And very cute belly pic! I'm envious of it because that's about what I looked like at 20 weeks lol. People are still in disbelief when I tell them I am 7.5 months.