Cash

The past couple of weeks, I've been earning extra cash via Craigslist and eBay. Some of my friends think I've become an addict, but really I am just wigging out and trying REALLY hard to unload some of the unnecessary junk before we move. Which, by the way, happens in just a couple of weeks. (Yes, I am fully expecting to crap myself.) Actually, a week from today, the movers will be here, in my house, packing up all of my crap. Hold me! They'll load the "household goods" by Friday and we'll be bunking at the base lodge for our last week in San Angelo. Which is fitting, since that's how we spent our first week in this dump of a city.

So far, I've sold a crapton of Amaris' baby clothes (one auction left to go, I hope), Ami's old crib, dresser, high chair, travel system, and bassinet. I've also managed to unload the Gamecube and all of it's accessories. And hopefully have legitimate buyers lined up for Ami's old bouncer, jumper, portable high chair, kick-n-play piano, Baby Einstein DVDs, a few other miscellaneous baby items, some of the furniture - namely the freestanding kitchen counter and the two closet organizers, and the old TV (which we're selling complete with stand and DVD player). We'll see, though. I don't want to just expect that these people will pull through just because they sent me emails and said they'd come. Although it would be cool. It'd also be really cool if we could find someone to buy the rest of the crap we need to unload. Like Amaris' baby bedding, the fish tank, the photo printer... To name a few. I saw a box outside of The UPS Store today (while I was dropping off eBay goods) labeled book donations. I have a whole box of books I need to get rid of, so I think next time we head out there (hopefully soon, just waiting on payment from my last two auction winners) I'll drop my books in.

We took Boo to the vet this morning and let them re-microchip her (we needed an internationally compatible chip) and vaccinate her against Rabies.

Other than that, things are slow. The Schlitterbahn was not nearly what the Travel Channel hyped it up to be and we were all disappointed. It was a nice atmosphere, but the number of rides suitable to a 2-year old and an expectant mother was slim, and our options were pathetic. Even the rides that appeared to be completely tame were classified as "red diamond" rides which basically scared me out of even attempting. Even if I were ballsy enough to try, the lines were all an hour long or more. That made it a really boring afternoon. It also rained that day, which made for a weird experience. At $40 per ticket, I don't think I'd bother going back. Unless I was already stuck in Texas for some odd reason, and was unpregnant, and the trip was going to be just Mark and me, and we could spend the whole day there. Then I might go. Otherwise... No. A big part of me wishes that we'd gone to The Great Wolf Lodge instead.

But oh well. Next weekend we'll be in San Antonio. We passed through there on our way home from San Marcos (that was where we stayed last weekend for our Schlitterbahn adventure, since it was nearby and also home to the outlet mall... Which was where we spent a good deal of Sunday. But we didn't spend much money. Kudos to us.) and they had Krispy Kreme doughnuts. Heck yeah!

Anyways, I am kind of scatterbrained these days. So I am probably all over the place. But in my defense, my LIFE is kind of all over the place right now. Hopefully it'll all get sorted out soon. Really soon.

2 Response to "Cash"

  1. Jeku says:
    August 27, 2008 at 12:57 PM

    The Surfenburg attraction looks awesome at that water park you went to! Sorry you didn't have fun.

  2. Krysta Martinez says:
    August 29, 2008 at 2:35 PM

    Way to go with all your sales! I hope your craigslisters come through. I have gotten some flaky ones too. Sorry that the water park wasn't all it was cracked up to be. Some things in life arent :(