You Got-ta-got-ta have this

One of my big fears lately is that Mark will eventually look like George Lopez "when he grows up". George Lopez is not funny. He is a racist. And is annoying. To be fair, I don't enjoy ANY of the "racist" comedians. I don't like any of the "Blue Collar" guys, Dave Chappelle, Chris Rock, or Carlos Mencia.

Clearly today all I want to talk about is famous people who annoy me.

There is a George Lopez commercial that comes on Noggin several times a day. And when I see it, I get annoyed. And then I realize that he actually does look quite a bit like Mark. They have similar eyebrows. And similar noses. Similar coloring. More accurately, I guess that what I am really saying is that shortly after I am annoyed by the G-Lo commercial, I realize that MARK could, with a little more hair, potentially look a lot like HIM.


I realize that he is not a particularly "bad looking" guy, but for some reason I feel like if and when Mark starts to really resemble him... He will suddenly become an obnoxious bigot. And that's just not a happy thought for me.

2 Response to "You Got-ta-got-ta have this"

  1. Krysta Martinez says:
    August 4, 2008 at 7:08 AM

    Yuck. I don't like George Lopez either. Totally not funny. I can see how you would relate his looks with his attitude. I'm sure Mark won't turn out like him.

    I have to say, I do like Ron White and Dave Chappell, but only certain people can get away with being racist in my opinion and Carlos Mencia is NOT one of them and neither is George Lopez.

  2. Unknown says:
    September 21, 2008 at 12:33 PM

    I'm appalled that my seven-year-old is now repeating your title phrase after seeing it on Noggin, an all-preschool channel. I don't know anything about Lopez and really don't care about the rest of the ad. It's that phrase and the accompanying gyrations that make me wonder where someone's got their noggin over there.