Little bitty claws

The most irritating thing that Amaris does is when she grabs onto my arm with her little fingernails and scratches and pulls on me. She may as well be dragging those nails on a chalkboard. It's the one thing she does that makes me INSTANTLY lose every ounce of patience I had left. And lately she does it quite often. I feel bad being such a naggy mom about something so minor, but it really does drive me absolutely bat shit. Like, it makes me want to hole away in my room all alone until I can chill out about it. I don't know where she got the notion to do it, or why she would think it was a good idea.

On the other hand, she is incredibly cute. Especially since Sunday, when we got her bangs trimmed. She can see again!



Thursday night is supposed to be "girl's night". I am hesitant to go because I feel a teensy bit awkward with a group of Mark's classmates. I'm like the odd one out. These girls all spend a lot of time together, and I stay at home all day with my two year old. I see them maybe once a week most weeks. I keep telling Mark I'm not going to go and then he argues with me about it. I don't know why he is so adamant. He says he just wants me to get out and have a good time. I don't know why I am so hesitant. Aside from my lack of good old fashioned social skills.

Anyways I'm sure that this is a losing battle. And I'm sure my rotten attitude is totally unwarranted. I'd feel better, though, if I wasn't the only unemployed stay at home mom/wife here. I feel like such an outcast.

Okay, pity party over.

3 Response to "Little bitty claws"

  1. Krysta Martinez says:
    June 18, 2008 at 3:07 AM

    LOL is that her marker artwork in the background? You should go to the girls night and if you don't like it you never have to go back again.

  2. Kari says:
    June 18, 2008 at 5:07 AM

    HA! I wondered if anyone would notice the Sharpie lines in the background. Why yes, it is. hehe

  3. Amanda Allison says:
    June 23, 2008 at 1:48 AM

    This is late, but I hope you went out! I can totally understand where you're coming from, but you never know, things might change and you might have just had a good time! And if you still felt all that awkwardness then you really just have to completely explain that to my cousin. LISTEN TO HER MARKY!!!!