No better friend than an anemone...

We've been watching a lot of Noggin lately.



I could beat Moose A. Moose up. This little video comes on about 30 times per day. I find it to be cute and irritating and catchy and monotonous. I know, bad mom letting the TV be on so much, but honestly it's just nice to have some background noise. I don't like the house to be dead silent when it's just Amaris and me. And it's either Noggin or The Backyardigans, marathon style. Which gets a little tiring. Even moreso than "beside... the sea-side..."

Anyways, it amuses Amaris. And Noggin is like preschool... on TV.

This weekend is date night. I am hoping to go to the Japanese steak house and a movie. This'll be our first date in a really long time. I mean, we've gone and done things sans the Ami, like we went to a club in Fresno back in December, but it wasn't a date. And we went to the Marine Corps Ball last year... But that doesn't count either. That's, like, a mandatory event.

At any rate, I'm excited to have a date night. I haven't been to a movie in almost a year. The last movie I saw in the theater was "Hog Wild" (?? I think that's what it was called - the movie with Tim Allen), and I was in Switzerland. We're overdue.

Also, since I mentioned the Marine Corps Ball... I should also point out that I am now wondering what is going to happen this November. Since he'll be training somewhere... Will there be a ball? Will we go? I like to get a jump start on my dress shopping, and not knowing is hindering my ability to do so.

I just need to grow some patience. Easier said than done.

1 Response to "No better friend than an anemone..."

  1. Krysta Martinez says:
    June 12, 2008 at 9:05 AM

    OK, you definitely need to get out of the house if you think that video has ANY positive qualities whatsoever. That guy's singing voice is horrific.