Schlitter-non

So yesterday when Mark got home from work, we still had no bags packed and no room reserved. Plus nearly everybody canceled on us, so we opted to just stay home and save some money for Amaris' birthday. We all took a nap, then got up and had dinner at the Golden Corral because we'd never been and I had a coupon for buy-one-get-one... And with Amaris being under 3, her meal was free. So we ate there for $12. Score!

Then we headed off to Wal Mart so Amaris could spend her $20 gift card from grandma and grandma Nee, and so that we could get her a cake and a candle.

Amaris carefully chose a really obnoxious pink poodle toy. It barks and wags its tail and wiggles its head from side to side. She loves it. We found the rollerskates I'd been wanting to get her - the ones I thought they didn't have at Wal Mart (they had them in a really weird aisle that I'd never have thought to look in), and bought a couple of other things and headed home.

Amaris' birthday cake was actually two cupcakes with a crapload of icing to make them look like a puppy. She actually tried really hard to blow out the birthday candle before she finally took some help from daddy. She was thrilled with the fact that her cake looked like a puppy. I mean, utterly elated.







Until I cut him apart. I know, I am such a horrible murderess. To be honest, I'm not even sure how I manage to sleep at night.




She of course had to make sure I didn't harm her poodle.



Anyways it was uneventful but we made it work. We're thinking about maybe going to the lake at some point this weekend, but we'll see how it all goes. Today so far we've just relaxed at home and that's fine with me.

1 Response to "Schlitter-non"

  1. Krysta Martinez says:
    July 1, 2008 at 1:47 AM

    No water park AND you're a cake slaughterer?! For shame...