A little thing called...

Determination.

I made my very first bento box this morning. Ashamed to say I didn't get pictures, but honestly, that's besides the point. The point is... I made a bento lunch. A grown-up bento lunch. With steak and rice and salad. And Mark didn't complain. In fact, he almost looked a little amused as I packed the rice into the bottom of the container. He gathered up everything and left for work with a smile.

Honestly, I think he loves me more when I get up with him in the morning. Today he had two breakfast sandwiches, juice, coffee, and his lunch packed with love.

Over the weekend, I'm pleased to say that I finally went to a 100Yen store, which was awesome (and was where I bought Mark his bento box and accessories!), went bowling, and then made Christmas candy with my neighbor while the husbands watched the kids. Mark had yesterday off so I was able to run errands again child-free. It was a really nice break and today I feel pretty good.

I'm sure my blogs are more interesting when I am bitter, but what the hell.

I made a bento box! Hooray!

Oh, and here is a family picture from Friday at the Christmas party. Amaris was not feeling compliant. But Mark kept his eyes open - score!

1 Response to "A little thing called..."

  1. Anonymous Says:
    December 16, 2008 at 12:04 PM

    YAY on the bento box! Oh, and could your family be any more beautiful?