Power of Bento

I have new purpose in life.

Bento.

I showed Mark this blog, extremely excited, and he said, "Cute." I said, "Don't you want me to pack you bento box lunches for work?" He laughed, and said, "No. I meant cute like for a kid. Not for me." So then I was kind of irritated and decided that I'd prove him wrong. Bento boxes can be for adults, too!

All day yesterday while Mark was on duty, I researched. I Googled till my fingers hurt. And yes, Bento lunches can be for adults. They are less fancy and cutesy, but they are still awesome. Apparently there is even this cool food ratio idea, bento lunches should be 3 parts starch, 2 parts produce and 1 part protein. I went on Amazon.com and grossly expanded my wish list. My most exciting find was this awesome Bento jar. I will make Mark bento lunches and he will love them, damnit. Watch and see.

5 Response to "Power of Bento"

  1. Destiny says:
    December 11, 2008 at 12:02 PM

    I want to make Bento lunchs for mckayla now lol...

  2. Minna-Kay says:
    December 11, 2008 at 1:19 PM

    He will LOVE it. i want to make them too. I must research. My kids bug me to take their lunch.

  3. OliveLand Photography says:
    December 11, 2008 at 1:34 PM

    Those are so cute. I think they are a great idea and Mark will probably end up loving them in the end! You are such a good wife, ahaha. I don't do anything for Corie's lunches.

  4. Jeku says:
    December 11, 2008 at 1:59 PM

    You you post a pic of the next bento box to show how cool it is to have one for lunch. *rubs tummy*

  5. Kari says:
    December 11, 2008 at 2:20 PM

    Oh, believe me, I will be posting pictures, as soon as I am able to start making them! I am dying to go out in town and start shopping for Bento accessories.