Hit!

Christmas, overall, was a success. Despite my struggles with Christmas Eve, we somehow managed to pull it all off eventually, and Amaris went to sleep without a fight after I told her that she had to go to bed if she wanted Santa to come. She wore her Christmas green dress to Christmas dinner at our neighbor's house and she even let me braid her hair. Ignore my frumpiness. Everybody knows I am really not a morning person. Mark woke me up like a 7-year-old and then insisted that we go and get Amaris out of bed because... oh my gosh! Santa came! I love that boy. He's so darned goofy. I'm a little disappointed that I didn't manage to get any pictures of all three of us this year.. And actually, because Mark was holding the camera for once, I don't think I even got any pictures of him at all with Christmas presents. But he was definitely pleased with his gifts - Rock Band for the Wii and enrollment in the scuba diving class here on base in January. Looking at these pictures, it is even weirder to me that we were in Port Hueneme for the holidays JUST last year. Amaris has grown so much. We all have, really, in some way. And things here are just so much different than I am used to. I mean, no major complaints or anything, it's just an adjustment.


She thought those shoes looked perfect with that dress. Especially on the wrong feet.


As an aside, I got my access to the Web Advisor for UMUC, which was exciting. And I conjured up the motivation to fill out my FAFSA. But now I am sitting on my $1,000 governor's scholarship because I need to get the paperwork in to them ASAP to change my legal name and mailing address. So I need to hit up the credit union and have them draw me up a signature guarantee to send in with my paperwork. And then it should be relatively smooth sailing into next semester. I hope.

Last night Amaris stayed the night at the neighbor's house, which was totally weird for me, but she did really well and had a lot of fun. I went and picked her up this morning and she was in a very chipper mood. My little girl is growing up and having sleepovers and everything.

Today I am procrastinating and being lazy. I have three baskets of laundry to fold and put away, all washed yesterday. And then one load of Mark's greens that need to go through the washer. I really wish he was on leave. I keep forgetting he's going back to work the day after tomorrow.

5 Response to "Hit!"

  1. Minna-Kay says:
    December 28, 2008 at 1:30 AM

    YAY for a great Chrimstmas. You didn't tell what you got? I love the shoes, Ami is a fashion genius. And congrats on the first sleepover.

  2. Destiny says:
    December 28, 2008 at 3:54 AM

    I didnt get a picture with us 3 either :( it just never happend. I glad you had a nice Christmas and I hope you have a great new year...

  3. Krysta Martinez says:
    December 28, 2008 at 9:23 AM

    I was sick on Christmas so I hardly took any pictures too. Art had to go back to work Christmas night at midnight so I feel ya. And his b-day is new years eve and he has to work all week.

  4. Jennifer says:
    December 29, 2008 at 5:00 AM

    I had the weirdest dream about you guys last night. Mark was shipped back to the states because he was behind on "arts & culture" training. He was being posted in Newark, NJ for 6 months so he could attend as many Broadway shows as possible.

    ...yet another reason DODT should/should not be repealed.

  5. OliveLand Photography says:
    December 29, 2008 at 12:19 PM

    Yay for a good christmas!! I am happy you guys had a enjoyable day!