40 tamales

I have over 3 dozen tamales on my freezer.  And my neighbor has at least that many in hers.  They were a success, I do believe, despite the fact that we're both pretty darn white and had never attempted to make tamales before.  They taste great.  And they look pretty nice, too.

Christmas.  Take what you will from me, Marine Corps, but you can't take away my holiday spirit.  For now, anyways.


As an aside, I will point out that today, for the first time since the end of my first trimester, I really do feel physically tired.  I mean, I've been plugging along despite this pregnancy for a while now, but I finally feel it.  I'm beat.  I have body pains I don't remember from my pregnancy with Amaris and to make matters worse, I've also got the patience of a flea.  I'm trying really hard to stay optimistic and upbeat but today I just feel really worn down.

2 Response to "40 tamales"

  1. Jennifer says:
    December 23, 2008 at 5:15 PM

    I don't know why you're tired, I've been watching that baby in the widget for months and i don't see it getting any bigger.

    I blame the tamales. Tamales are why my people invented margaritas and like pot. You've got to be a bean shy of a combo platter to attempt that in your condition.

    But cheer up, only 49 more days and #2 will come flying out and you'll have your body, mostly, back.

  2. Amanda Allison says:
    December 24, 2008 at 8:27 AM

    You? Make talames? Wow. I'm impressed!

    I hope you're starting to feel a liiiiittle bit better. I don't know anything about the aches and pains that come with pregnancy but I do hope you're getting some rest.