Breathe.

I had no complaints.  Things were moving along well.  See-ta's cookies were baked, dinner was under way, Amaris was adequately stoked about Santa, I had my groceries, things were going well.

And then everything fell apart.

The roast's thermometer read like the roast was burnt.  I knew that seemed fishy because it was like 30 minutes into cooking and the recipe called for a full hour.  Even though my roast is half the size of the roast suggested in my recipe, half the cook time just didn't feel right.  But I went with it anyways.

I pulled the roast out of the oven and suddenly felt completely overwhelmed.  I was rushed to finish everything else.

The results were as follows:
  • Roast undercooked
  • Rolls doughy
  • Wrist burnt
  • Mark not compliant
  • Three kids under age 10 all asking me questions while I try to juggle a thousand other tasks.
  • Stress, stress, stress
So, basically, I'm totally unhappy now.  My roast is back in the oven, the rest of the dinner is sitting on the counter draped with foil.  Amaris is screaming bloody murder because I sent the neighbor kids home.  Mark's asleep.  My wrist hurts, and so does my head.  Life is just grand.

1 Response to "Breathe."

  1. Krysta Martinez says:
    December 26, 2008 at 5:41 PM

    I hope you managed to have a merry Christmas despite the many stumbling blocks in your path! I got totally sick Christmas Eve. I don't know why I always have to get sick on Christmas. :(