35+ weeks

This was yesterday, so somewhere in-between 35 and 36 weeks.  I have a 36-week checkup on Tuesday.  How weird is that?  36 weeks.  That's one week shy of "full term".  Baby girl is still practicing gymnastics in my belly and making me as uncomfortable as she can manage, which is always a good time.  I'm seeing olympic gold medals in her future.  She's very skittish, too, it seems.  She jumps any time I bump the belly on something or when anything moderately loud happens.  This is extremely amusing.  We have this new game where you can put one hand on one side of the belly and slap the other side, and she'll jump against your stationary hand.  It's hilarious.  How mean am I??  When I'm doing the dishes and something falls into the stainless steel sink with a loud clatter (usually something like a piece of silverware), she jumps.  I fear she'll be one of those babies who requires complete, extreme silence to be restful.  I really hope that's just speculation, though, and that I'm totally wrong.

Amaris is also completely obsessed with pretending to be pregnant.  She has stretched out many of her shirts by stuffing her bear up underneath them, and then will lay down next to me and stroke her belly.  Many nights I've gone in to re-tuck her in to bed and I find her sleeping with the bear wadded up underneath her pajama top.  She is quite a character.

I've been taking it easy lately.  Just keeping up with my normal "household duties" and such, but I've decided that starting this week, we're going to be taking walks at least once a day.  I need to get outside and get active or else I'm pretty sure labor is going to be a very slow, painful process.  Again.

Oh, and I REALLY want this.

3 Response to "35+ weeks"

  1. Destiny says:
    January 11, 2009 at 6:14 PM

    oMg I love that amaris wants to have a baby too thats so cute.. I cant wait to see the new baby and find out what her name is going to be...

  2. Krysta Martinez says:
    January 12, 2009 at 5:08 AM

    I just bought a hotsling for Keira a couple weeks ago (which is supposed to be just like the peanut shell) and she HATES IT. Even in my belly, she always wanted to be stretched out and now she hates being confined. The only way she will have anything to do with it is if ONLY her butt is in it with her arms, legs, and head out. Then I'm afraid she is going to pop out of it lol. I'm glad I got it on ebay for $15 instead of paying full price. Sounds like your baby might enjoy it though if she is skittish she might like being held close. The only time Keira jumped from an outside disturbance was at a dr apt where they used this buzzy thing to make her jump and it worked! Very cute belly, btw!

  3. Kari says:
    January 12, 2009 at 5:55 AM

    I had a Lucky Baby sling for Amaris and I hated it. You'd think I'd learn my lesson.

    In my defense though, the LB Sling was like this horrible un-maneuverable piece of canvas that always felt too small. And when I traded up for the next size, that one felt way too big. There was no winning.