Sicky

I think Amaris has a cold.

She woke up THREE times last night.  Once at 11, once at 12, and once at 4.  So she is either sick or thinks she is helping to recondition me for baby girl's arrival.  Either way, I'm not impressed.

The first two wake ups were accompanied by bloody-murder screaming.  Which was really cute.  I mean, seriously, totally inconsolable shrieking.  It was not a good time.  I was irritated from being woken up and tried to stay calm but really struggled.  Both times.  I felt bad for her, but I was so frustrated with her for being in such hysterics.  And let's face it, waking a pregnant woman is just not wise.  And also leads to excess potty trips and such.  It's just not cool.

The third wakeup, she got out of bed, walked into the hallway and stood in my doorway crying.  "Mommy, I pooooooooop."  Over and over again.  She's a liar.  She didn't poop.  She didn't even need to poop.  She just thinks that pooping is the answer to all problems and is an acceptable reason, apparently, to wake me up from a peaceful sleep.  Real poop, maybe.  But not phantom poop.  She didn't even smell.  And as far as her diaper goes, she really didn't have much of anything in it.  Mark, by the way, stayed totally asleep through the last two wake-ups.  He woke up during the first one because I was wigging out.

And then this morning, as the alarms were just dying down and we were starting to render focus in our eyes, this mysterious little gold box on the wall - there is one in every room - started ringing.  It's a dull, quiet ring, and was accompanied by odd thumping sounds.  Every time we heard the "thump", my bedside lamp (which was off) flickered.  What does that even mean?

Anyways I got up with Mark - should I say dragged myself out of bed - just after six and packed his bento (his favorite today, chicken katsu with rice) and got him on his way to work.  He left right around 7.  I sat down to check my subscribed blogs and what do I hear?  Amaris, of course.  In the hallway.  Pitching a fit.  She wouldn't go back to sleep in her room.  She asked for daddy.  When I told her daddy went to work, she cried harder.  Then she asked for mommy's bed.  What-the-eff-ever.  Mark will be so disappointed that I gave in to her pleas, but seriously if I don't get her quiet somehow I might start taking off heads.  Not hers, of course, but possibly my own.  So I put her in Mark's side of the bed, tucked her in, gave her a dose of Tylenol (not sure if she feels that warm because she is feverish or because she won't stop pitching a flipping FIT and is in her warmest jammies), and came out for some peace.  Well, mostly peace.  The dishwasher is running.  I will probably go and get into my side of the bed soon for a nap.  I'm exhausted.

Nights like these, I wonder what sort of chaos will really ensue when we bring home the new little bundle.  And quite honestly, that scares me.  A lot.  Baby girl I fully expect to wake in the night.  But Amaris I have come to expect to have a little bit of nighttime dignity.  Clearly that is expecting too much.


PS:  Someone finally voted "After February 10".  I'm not mad.

3 Response to "Sicky"

  1. Destiny says:
    January 9, 2009 at 8:52 AM

    she wants to help get you ready for baby girl.... lol.. McKayla still wakes up at least 2 times every night half the time just to say I love you.. I know how you feel... Love you girly.

  2. Krysta Martinez says:
    January 12, 2009 at 5:14 AM

    Is she ready to potty train yet? That might relieve some stress. If it makes you feel any better, I am the second born baby and I never felt neglected or second-best. It's so fresh in my mind how miserable these last days of pregnancy are and I feel for you!

  3. Kari says:
    January 12, 2009 at 5:59 AM

    Potty train - HA!

    I wish.

    Seriously, though, sometimes I think she might be but I haven't got enough patience. So for now I've gotta shrug my shoulders. Potty training for me is actually a lot more stressful than not potty training. Don't get me wrong, I'd LOVE for her to be diaper free! But she asks to sit on the toilet sometimes and then proceeds to sit there without doing anything (except playing with anything within reach) for 10 minutes. Which annoys me to death.

    Admittedly I am stalling on it now because it just irritates me.