Figures.

I knew she'd get me sick.  And she didn't disappoint.

My throat is killing me, my tonsils are sore, my head is light, and I've been coughing all afternoon.  Oh - and then there's the phlegm.  Am I grossing anybody out yet?  Lots and lots of phlegm.

Of course, my dumb pregnant ass is too paranoid to TAKE anything other than regular strength Tylenol and the occasional chest smearing of Vicks VapoRub.

Amaris is still coughing like it's going out of style and I know she's feeling yucky, too...  but getting a little bit of cabin fever.  To be honest, I'm pretty sure she has croup.  Lovely.

So...  Here I sit.  Alone and sick and tired.  I put a pad in Amaris' SudaCare plug-in and when I stood up, I hit my head on her bookshelf, knocking it and it's pathetically half-screwed-in-to-the-shitty-walls-and-just-barely-holding-on screws off the wall, and landing myself in a rain storm of children's books.  I said, "Okay, I quit.  I pretty much suck at life right now.  Can't I just go to sleep and stay there for, oh, a year or so?"

Mark says no.  He can be such a dream-crusher sometimes.

2 Response to "Figures."

  1. Minna-Kay says:
    January 19, 2009 at 6:55 AM

    I'm sorry you feel bad. I remember being that sick when I was pregnant with Bo. It was rough. It makes it worse being pregnant. I hope you feel better soon.

  2. Krysta Martinez says:
    January 19, 2009 at 2:43 PM

    Toward the end of my pregnancy I got sick with a cold, and from what research I gathered on the subject, it appears that any potential effects on the baby apply to the early development stages- which you are well past. I'm sure it would be less stressful for you AND baby girl to pop a couple day quil a couple times a day. :) I hope you feel better soon!