All this discussion

Mark's deployment is looming over us.  I'm trying my hardest to keep everything (most of all my mood) on an even keel, but so far that's proving easier said than done.

Let's just say he leaves sooner than I hoped he would and he'll be gone longer than I thought he would.  And he's going to miss a lot of baby girl's first year.  We are really hoping hard for internet connectivity over there that he'll be able to access Skype or iChat on.  Without video chat, I worry he'll come home to kids that don't recognize him.  That kills me.

With Amaris giving me a rough time nearly every night for the past week or so, I am left wondering (sometimes out loud) how I'll survive when there are two of them and one of me.  Mark says it'll work out.  I said, "Yeah, easy for you to say."  That was mean.  I bit my tongue immediately.

And so the cycle of deployment begins.  I'm going to fight the worst of the stages tooth and nail simply because I can't stand feeling like I'm pushing him away.

1 Response to "All this discussion"

  1. Anonymous Says:
    January 13, 2009 at 5:21 AM

    ((hugs)) It was hard for me to not push Martin away. I ended up bottling it up and playing nice, and then BLOWING UP on him the first week he had gotten settled.


    Not a favorable alternative.