The status of the "nest"

Okay, honestly, if you think I'm nesting...  Please tell me what it is called when someone who is not pregnant cleans house?  Is cleaning house abnormal behavior that is only ever done when a pregnant woman is nesting?  I mean, I guess I'm just in denial here.  But I feel like I can't win.  I know what nesting is.  I've done it before.  And believe me, it's a lot more energetic than what I've been up to these past couple of days (which I am starting to blame Mark for - he really makes a mess out of the house when he has time off and I can't ever manage to get things done when he's here).

This evening, I vacuumed the whole house.  And did more laundry.  Because it needed to be done!  And it wasn't doing itself!  The baby didn't tell me to do it or provide me with extra energy or motivation, I just forced my lazy butt off the couch and did it on my own because I am deathly afraid of the roach problem this apartment is prone to.  And tomorrow morning, grudgingly, I'll be mopping.

That's that.

Oh - and I already regret all that stuff I said before.  Amaris has been 99.5% cute since she woke up from her nap.  Really, she's a good kid.  I love her.

2 Response to "The status of the "nest""

  1. Minna-Kay says:
    January 8, 2009 at 2:37 AM

    It's so fun to aggravate you. You make it so easy. Nesting or not, the house is clean, that is what matters.

  2. Kari says:
    January 8, 2009 at 6:15 AM

    gee, thanks, you know the one pregnancy symptom I currently admit to is being hormonal! And here you are admitting to tap dancing on my hormones rather gleefully!!

    the Minna... is FIRED! ;)