The Neverending Cold

I think for a few days, Amaris was feeling better, but now she is back to feeling sick.  She spent the better portion of yesterday wiping her runny nose with tissues (or her hand, whatever was convenient) and went to sleep right around 8PM...  Which, if you know Amaris, is totally abnormal.  At about 3:45, she woke up and I had no trouble reminding myself that my poor baby was sick and that I should avoid being angry with her for the middle-of-the-night-waking.  I went to her room to tend to her (before she even got really upset.  I'm not sure how exactly she woke me up but Mark managed to genuinely sleep through the entire ordeal, which was good because he got to bed late and left for work early, poor guy) and found her soaking wet, warm-faced and sniffling.  She had peed in a way that leaked out of her diaper and saturated her PJs.  So, without any sort of bitterness or resentment, I changed her from head to toe into all new, dry clothing and diaper.  And then I rubbed Vicks onto her chest, gave her a dose of Tylenol and wiped her nose before I went back to bed.  She was very polite and pleasant, but I could tell she didn't feel well.

Of course, this entire series of events was followed by the incessant wiggling of baby girl in the womb for nearly an hour, which kept me awake.

Anyways now here I am, awake some more.  I was going to just stay in bed and get up around 8 to do my normal morning things so that I could go and hit up the commissary with my friend before it got to being too late, but I wound up having to get out of bed to plug in my cell phone and figured that baby girl would be awake from the disturbance for a while anyways.

I've been thinking a lot the past few days about the upcoming deployment and I've kind of come to terms with it.  I have been compiling a long list of "to-do"s for myself while he's away.  Because staying busy is the only way to keep sane.
  1. Pay off our credit card debt
  2. Start making regular appearances at the gym
  3. Learn to make sushi
  4. Work on school
  5. Make progress on savings
  6. Learn some Japanese*
  7. Get really organized
Just to name a few.  I think I'll be okay.  It's going to suck, but once I get settled into a new routine, we'll make it.

There are supposed to be several cherry blossom festivals this month.  I need to check the community schedule out and see which ones we can go to and when.



*Last night we were at the "sushi-go-round" and I suddenly needed to hit the potty.  I figured I'd have to hold it till we got home, as I didn't see any bathroom in the small restaurant.  Mark raised a hand for the chef and said some sort of crazy phrase, and the chef pointed directions.  I went and checked it out and sure enough, outside and to the left WAS the bathroom.  I made water, went back to our table and said, "I've never been so turned on in my life."  Then we laughed for a while, but honestly, how did he know how to ask for the bathroom in Japanese?  God, sometimes that man is just amazing.  In really weird ways.

2 Response to "The Neverending Cold"

  1. Krysta Martinez says:
    January 16, 2009 at 3:24 PM

    I hopee Amaris feels better soon. Poor thing.

    LOL @ Mark's Japanese. I do the same thing when Art says something in what little Spanish he knows. His family has been in the US for at least 3 generations on both sides of the family.

  2. Minna-Kay says:
    January 17, 2009 at 12:10 AM

    I dying here. Mark is just so sexy in so many ways. LOL!!! That should be something the ob teaches you. B/c he KNOWS you are gonna need it. ROFL