Free crib = at least $200 saved!

Yesterday, Mark went to the jungle. He'll be there through the end of the week. I have the car. I very rarely have the car.

Having the car yesterday earned us one free crib! That's right, boys and girls, no more wondering where baby girl will sleep, the crib has arrived. Another Marine wife on another base was trying to get her "spring cleaning" (in November!) done and didn't need it anymore, so she advertised it on JapanUpdate - the major local source for classified ads. Yesterday afternoon, Amaris and I embarked on our biggest Okinawa excursion together since arriving here. I got us all the way, safely, to Kadena Air Base and we picked up the crib - which I intend to paint, I am not a big fan of honey colored pine - and $200 worth of groceries. All by myself. Seriously, this is a big deal for me.

And then we drove home, and got only moderately lost. But we made it! Hooray!

3 Response to "Free crib = at least $200 saved!"

  1. Destiny says:
    November 20, 2008 at 10:59 AM

    IM SOOO HAPPY YOU HAVE A CRIB thats soo awesome. IM HAPPY FOR YOU...

  2. Krysta Martinez says:
    November 20, 2008 at 3:08 PM

    Way to go! Being that we are kindred spirits, it makes sense that we would be equally as excited about a good deal :)

  3. Unknown says:
    November 22, 2008 at 7:56 AM

    so you should totally take some photos of the road and your surroundings and such.

    and wtg on the big crib score. :)