Right place/right time

For once in my life, I feel like I've been consistently in the right place at the right time. I mean, knock on wood, but how cool is it that I got a free crib yesterday and today while I was checking my mail when a lady said, "When is your baby due?" I said, "February." She said, "Is it a boy or a girl?" I said, "It's a girl."

Out in the parking lot, she gave me a bag full of newborn girl clothes! She said her little one had just outgrown them and they were on their way to the thrift store.

I mean, holy jeez! I had been seriously suffering on the baby clothes front and now I've got a real live start! In that bag were several onesies, 3 t-shirts, a few hats, socks, booties, mittens, and a couple of sleepers. Everything Carters brand and in GREAT condition. They are tumbling in my dryer as we speak.

Amaris and I went with my neighbor and her son to story time at the library here on base this morning and we had a really good time. Amaris is such a social little thing (just like her daddy), she loves every opportunity to hang out with other kids. Afterward we went to their house for lunch and the kids played a little more. It was a really nice day. And, as an added bonus, I got Amaris to take a real live nap! She has, for the past year and some change, refused to take naps for me. She'll nap if daddy's watching her, or if she is with anyone else, but NEVER when I'm around. Today, she was in a bad mood and I got her snug in her bed, turned on Backyardigans and pulled her curtains closed. Within 20 minutes she was sound asleep, and stayed that way for a good solid 2 hours. It was seriously a miracle. And she woke up in the BEST mood. Score.


I feel like overall, things are really looking up lately and I am so grateful.

2 Response to "Right place/right time"

  1. Anonymous Says:
    November 21, 2008 at 1:21 AM

    wow Kari! Crib - clothes - nap - you have some seriously great luck!

  2. Minna-Kay says:
    November 21, 2008 at 5:03 AM

    This is completely awesome. I told you it would all work out!!!!