Still a girl


I had my ultrasound this morning, likely the last glimpse I'll have into my uterus till this little one is born. She still appears to be a "she". And she has the cutest little nose. The tech said she was measuring in at right around 2 lbs, 1 oz, and I said she has some crazy long legs. Which are right by my ribs on the right. And that explains a whole lot of kicking and jabbing I've been enduring from her lately. She apparently likes to have them outstretched.

While at my ultrasound, I got a little light headed and ended up passing out a little, then puking a little. That was exciting. I guess there is a reason they do these routine scans at 20 weeks instead of 26. The nurses said my belly combined with the angle of the exam table I was laying on probably decreased my blood flow and oxygen. I say 7:30AM is just too damn early to be at the hospital for anything non-emergency. But I was grateful to have kind nurses surrounding me and taking care of me and not totally freaking out over me. I was so sure they were going to admit me and monitor me over it. And I was embarrassed for puking at such a minor and routine procedure.

Either way, I'm fine now and can't complain. Well, I can complain. But not about pregnancy per se. My complaint currently is that I had to use the webcam to snap a picture of my ultrasound photo print out. And that's just... well, "ghetto". If my household goods had arrived when they promised they would, I'd have my scanner right now instead. That would have made for a much nicer quality picture to post here on my blog of baby girl. Stupid TMO!

Anyways this is the belly yesterday... So around 26 weeks and some change. I'd post a comparable photo from Amaris' pregnancy but somewhere in between weeks 25 and 32 or so, I apparently lost interest in properly labeling the pictures. I also lost some interest in TAKING the pictures for a while. So there are some unlabeled pictures in my stash from Amaris' pregnancy and then there is also a big gap where pictures should have been.

That's my favorite maternity shirt. It's crazy soft.

4 Response to "Still a girl"

  1. Destiny says:
    November 7, 2008 at 5:18 PM

    Im so happy your ok and your hair looks great. So do you know what baby girls name is going to be... Well hope all is well and I hope to talk to you really soon

  2. Tori says:
    November 8, 2008 at 3:03 AM

    Aww, baby girl is beautiful! Even if her mom is "ghetto" enough to take a picture of an ultrasound picture. =]

    & I agree with Destiny, your hair is fabulous!

  3. OliveLand Photography says:
    November 8, 2008 at 7:07 AM

    Glad it's still a girl (I am so jealous of you!)!!

  4. Minna-Kay says:
    November 9, 2008 at 3:15 AM

    AWWWWW, how sweet. You look adorable and HOT! Still no delivery of your stuff, WTH?