Newlybed Bliss

We climbed into our bed last night (Mark was polite enough to wait only moderately impatiently for me so we could do it at the same time) and it was like God had put a cloud in my room. I laid there, staring at the ceiling, and then proclaimed that it felt weird to be so CLOSE to it. Mark agreed and said it was like the room had gotten shorter. Then we laid there a little longer, and I said, "Can this moment just last forever?"

Yes, having my own bed, my old sheets (which actually somehow SMELL like "home"), all of it back in my possession was really THAT good. I slept almost entirely through the night for the first time in nearly 3 months, and I didn't freeze at any point during the night. I'd call that a massive success.

I had some further drama last night trying to hang pictures on the wall. Several of the major walls I wanted to use for picture hanging seem to be solid concrete and completely worthless. You can't even get the entire tip of the nail in past the paint before the nail bends. Miserable walls. I haven't entirely given up yet, but I am frustrated with my worthless perpetually blank (except for the ink and pencil marks I keep making on them to guide my nail placement) walls. Today I managed to hang a couple of Amaris' shelves in her room, and a couple of pictures. So that's a good sign and I feel like I've at least accomplished SOMETHING.

So far I think the only thing missing from our shipment is one bedside table lamp. Which is an odd thing to go missing. Perhaps the NTS movers packed it by mistake? I will have no way of knowing the answer for the next three years unless it magically appears here somehow.

Anyways we're about settled in, we're making it work.

5 Response to "Newlybed Bliss"

  1. Anonymous Says:
    November 19, 2008 at 2:19 AM

    So happy you are feeling better after a night in your own bed!

  2. Anonymous Says:
    November 19, 2008 at 2:21 AM

    for your picture hanging dilemma (comes with coupon!) http://solutions.3m.com/wps/portal/3M/en_US/Command/home/damage_free/picturehanging/

  3. Amanda Allison says:
    November 19, 2008 at 3:48 AM

    This makes me very happy :) Keep getting those goooood nights of sleep. You deserve them!

  4. Kari says:
    November 19, 2008 at 9:12 AM

    Oooh, thanks for the 3M link! Those are awesome!

  5. Minna-Kay says:
    November 20, 2008 at 1:14 AM

    Larry makes me use the 3m products too, that are cool, but after Mikey takes the pictures off the wall a few times, they don't stick anymore, lol! Don't forget what Larry said, self drilling screws, not nails and find a stud in the wall. Good luck this week!!