Thanksgiving

Dinner has been served, my day was spent cooking. We had a good meal, slightly distracted by Wheel of Fortune, but delicious nonetheless. The purple yams didn't work out - I got frustrated peeling them and after roasting them I had trouble mashing them, so I just threw them out. I'd have been the only one eating them anyways, so it wasn't a major loss. We still had way too much food.

I'm thankful for a lot of things. Trying to focus on the positive rather than the negative is not my strong suit, but this year I do have a lot to count myself lucky over.

I'm so fortunate. I have a beautiful daughter (and another on the way), a truly wonderful husband, a roof over my head, food on the table, and plenty to keep me warm (or cool, depending on the weather!) I'm being blessed with great opportunities all the time. My family "back home" is wonderful - my grandma is one of my very best friends, she and my mom raised me wonderfully (if I do say so myself) and I have countless other family members and friends that I know I can trust and rely on.

Life is good. Even though right now, my back is killing me and my feet are tired. (Trying not to focus on that, though, remember?)

Happy Thanksgiving, everybody. :)

3 Response to "Thanksgiving"

  1. Minna-Kay says:
    November 28, 2008 at 12:33 AM

    I'm glad everything went well, and you are right, we all have a lot to be thankful for. Hope you are having a great sleep and you are 100% recovered today.

  2. Destiny says:
    November 28, 2008 at 4:55 AM

    Im happy you had a great Thanksgiving.. And its funny because your thankful for the same things I am daughter family home food and mom and grandma for raising me the way Im. I love you and I wish I could see you I think you and I would get along really well.. Well Maybe soon... Happy Thanksgiving Keri and your family too...

  3. Jeku says:
    November 29, 2008 at 6:03 PM

    Poor yams. =(