One more night...

Tomorrow night I'll be sleeping in MY bed!

I am freaking elated.

We saw Madagascar 2 yesterday at the Kadena theater. It was funny, and Amaris managed to sit [mostly] still through it. She pointed out every animal every time they appeared on the screen: "Look, mommy, a 'raffe!/zebra!/lion!/etc" She even started pointing out details: "He has white stripes!" It made for a fun movie experience.

It's funny - during the first movie I noticed Chris Rock's voice, but nobody else's. This time while we were watching, I was quizzing myself. I am glad to say that I got the voices that were bothering me the most (I KNOW that voice!!) correct: Yes, the lion IS Zoolander/Ben Stiller in a furry costume, and yes, the giraffe IS Ross/David Schwimmer with screwed up teeth. For some reason, those particular actors crack me up in their respective roles in Madagascar.

While we're talking about voice-overs, I'd like to point out that Disney/Pixar did a horrible job choosing the voice for Sally, the Porsche. We watch Cars at least twice a day lately - Amaris is a tad obsessed - and Bonnie Hunt may as well have been Cloris Leachman. I mean, I like Bonnie Hunt. I like Cloris Leachman, too. But can we say OLD? Her voice just isn't sexy and young enough to play the part of a later model Porsche. They should have used Kate Beckinsale or Elizabeth Hurley or something. Somebody hot. Somebody with an accent. Every time I am watching Cars, Sally irritates me, and I feel like I am watching my 60 year old aunt try to woo a 20 year old. (Which isn't unbelievable, though it is a little disturbing. My 60 year old aunt has her eyebrows tattooed on, heavy and unnatural red coloring in her hair and giant sparkly white veneers on her teeth.) Her laugh is the worst. Cars is a really cute movie. But they did screw up. Also, WHY did they name her "Sally"? Everybody gets these cool, fitting names. And she has to be "Sally"?? The only "Sally" that is any amount of cool at all is Sally the rag doll from The Nightmare Before Christmas. And that proves that you can't name a character "Sally" successfully without being Tim Burton. That means NO, Disney/Pixar. No naming sexy female Porsches "Sally". They could have given her a hot, German name or something. Giselle. I dunno. I just know that they could have done better than "Sally".

Clearly I have way too much time on my hands.

1 Response to "One more night..."

  1. Anonymous Says:
    November 17, 2008 at 3:24 PM

    Okay, I thought *I* was the only one neurotic enough to be bothered by details in cartoons. Have you ever noticed how the BULL in the movie "Barnyard" has an udder? He's a BOY! Gah! Seriously.