Been there, balled that.

That sounded totally gross.

Anyways the ball went fine. I tried, anyways. We didn't stay super long, left around 10 and picked up Amaris (who had a great time at the child care center) and then I drove home (since Mark had 3 beers and the DUI legal limit here is .03 BAC. No, that's not a typo. .03. I'd probably have driven home anyways, but it takes the legal restriction for Mark to admit wholeheartedly that he needs help.

The people we had taking pictures for us with our camera were more than a little tipsy, so we don't have a whole lot of great pictures of us from the event. Most of them are blurry or off-center or both.



But when we arrived, we had professional pictures done and that photographer took 4-5 different shots. Hopefully at least one of those turned out good enough to order prints of. I'm just waiting impatiently to get the email with information on how to retrieve the pictures.

Anyways, I made it. The ball itself was really nice. Dinner was decent, service was great and the company was good. I can't complain too much.

6 Response to "Been there, balled that."

  1. Unknown says:
    November 15, 2008 at 6:46 PM
    This comment has been removed by the author.
  2. Unknown says:
    November 15, 2008 at 6:47 PM

    Hi! K since i do catching up when i mosey on over to your blog i'm just gonna comment on it all here. :P I love your new haircut and I think you look beautiful in your gown. :) Can't believe you're living in Okinawa now! Do you need me to send you pumpkin spiced lattes? you should send me your address.
    this is marie btw..dunno about commenting on this blogger business.

  3. Minna-Kay says:
    November 15, 2008 at 11:50 PM

    Ok, so I totally do not have to take anything back, b/c you look awesome. The dress looks great on you! I'm glad it went well.

  4. OliveLand Photography says:
    November 16, 2008 at 12:34 AM

    You looked wonderful! you had nothing to worry about! your hair and dress were superb!

  5. Anonymous Says:
    November 16, 2008 at 12:59 AM

    Kari you look RADIANT! You are so beautiful - I don't know what you were worried about!

  6. Destiny says:
    November 16, 2008 at 4:32 AM

    You looked great I loved the dress it looked beautiful on you. I don't know why you were worried you looked great.